Due to a decline in the number of passengers commuting regularly midweek during the period of the COVID 19 restrictions we have reviewed which services it is feasible for us to continue operating. We will no longer be able to run regular daily services and will operate according to the guidelines below. Please visit the “Upcoming Services – Next 10 Days” article on our website blog to see which services are running, and which times have other passengers interested in travelling. Please book your travel by the preceding Sunday to ensure a service will run. We will be arranging other work on days without bookings, so services may not be available at short notice.
- We will continue to run a Monday morning and Friday afternoon service until the end of the current academic year in early December.
- We will likely run a Sunday afternoon service most weeks until the end of the current academic year in early December. We will however, not run this service for one passenger.
- We will run services, Monday afternoon, Tuesday to Thursday, and Friday mornings if there are minimum bookings of $65 for services to or from Ashburton or Rakaia, or $80 to or from Methven. At regular fares; for Ashburton this means one passenger doing a same day return trip for an appointment in Christchurch, for Methven it means two passengers travelling one way.
- The above minimum bookings requirement will also apply from the end of the academic year until the new academic year resumes in late January or early February 2021.
- We will be closed for Christmas holidays from Thursday 17th December to Thursday 31st December. One way services will run to and from Christchurch Airport on those days.
- If you will be living in Mid Canterbury, and working or studying in Christchurch in 2021 please consider commuting using our service, as this will allow us to resume operating regular daily services next year.