We offer a Sunday evening service usually departing from Ashburton at 4.30 pm after picking up passengers at home, Methven I-site at 5.00 pm and Rakaia by the electric vehicle charging station at 5.30 pm. This service will also pick up in Hinds & Mayfield on request, which is accommodated by leaving Ashburton earlier. The service drops off in Christchurch between 6.30 and 6.45 pm. Bookings from Ashburton, Methven and Rakaia need to be made by 1.00 pm on the day of travel, bookings from Hinds or Mayfield need to be made by 9.00 am on the day of travel, so we can confirm pick up times for other passengers.
We also operate a Monday morning service departing from Ashburton at 6.30 am and Rakaia at 6.50 am. This is a popular service, with some regular passengers travelling every week, and It is recommended that passengers book as far in advance as possible to ensure that seats are available.
A Friday afternoon return service is available on the regular scheduled run from Christchurch to Ashburton leaving Christchurch at approximately 4.00 pm, It will operate via Methven, Mayfield and Hinds on request.
- The operating days of all the above services will be adjusted for public holidays on Fridays or Mondays.
- Please let us know at least 48 hours in advance if you are planning to take large bags or bulky luggage so we can arrange a luggage trailer if necessary.
We operate a daily morning service from Ashburton and Rakaia to Christchurch, which arrives between 8.00 am and 8.45 am depending on bookings.
We operate a daily afternoon service from Christchurch which can also drop in Methven, Mayfield and Hinds. This departs between 3.15 and 5.15 pm depending on bookings.
- The standard fare for these services from either Ashburton or Methven is $40 one way or $65 return for the first child from each family, then $25 one way or $50 return for siblings. We offer a 20% discount for prepaying 5 trips. A one way 5 trip pass costs $160 for 5 trips in either direction ($100 for siblings). A return 5 trip pass costs $260 for 10 trips in either direction ($200 for siblings).
- From Rakaia the standard fare is $30 one way or $50 return for the first child from each family, then $20 one way or $40 return for siblings, a 5 trip one way pass costs $120, a 5 trip return pass costs $200.
- From Hinds or Mayfield, the standard fare is $50 one way or $80 return for the first child from each family, then $30 one way or $60 return for siblings, a 5 trip pass costs $200, ($120 for siblings) a 10 trip pass costs $320. *$240 for siblings).
- For anyone using the daily service at least 3 days a week the fares are $39 per day return from Ashburton or $30 per day return from Rakaia. We offer a one week trial of the daily service for $20 return per day for new passengers considering using the daily service at least 3 days per week.